The Green Plant Herbarium holds in excess of 370,000 accessioned vascular plants. The collection, formerly at the University of Toronto, is now owned by the Royal Ontario Museum (ROM) Department of Natural History. The Green Plant Herbarium comprises the former Vascular Plant Herbarium (also TRT) and the bryological collections that were housed in the Cryptogamic Herbarium (TRTC), hence the change of name. TRT also houses the algae that were formerly held at TRTC. Important collections include those of H. V. Begley, C. D. Bird, H. H. Brown, T. J. W. Burgess, R. F. Cain, P. M. Catling, F. Cook, T. A. Dickinson, J.-P. Frahm, F. C. Fyre, S. Hattori, M. Heimburger, J. C. Krug, M. Landon, J. Macoun, S. McKay-Kuja, J. K. Morton (personal herbarium, North American material), E. A. Moxley, J. B. Phipps, J. Riley, V. Schiffner, W. Scott, J. H. Soper, T. M. C. Taylor, J. Walker, W. Watson, A. White, J. White, and R. E. Whiting.
The collection was established in 1837 and ceased acquisitions in present.
Kingdoms covered include: Plantae.
Number of specimens in the collection
The estimated number of specimens in the Green Plant Herbarium is 370,000.
Of these 85,764 are databased. This represents 23.2 % of the collection.
Click the Records & Statistics tab to access those database records that are available through the atlas.
Metadata last updated on 2017-09-29 21:06:53.0
Digitised records available through the Atlas
The Green Plant Herbarium has an estimated 370,000 specimens.
The collection has databased 23.2 % of these (85,764 records).
Looking up... the number of records that can be accessed through the Canadensys Collections Click to view all records for the Green Plant Herbarium